Post all your comments below. One response per group for all the scenarios you are given.
1. 2003 SARS Outbreak- Which is the most important pillar of defence during an outbreak of disease?
2. 1964 Racial Riots- Learning from the 1964 racial riots, in what way can you do your part in the social defence of Singapore?
3. 1991 Hijacking of SQ117- How does the Singapore Armed Forces (SAF) maintain its operational readiness?
4. 1961 Bukit Ho Swee Fire- From the example of the Bukit Ho Swee fire, why do you think civil defence is important at the individual level?
5. 1960 Set up of the Housing and Development Board- How does the ethnic integration policy (EIP) reflect social defence?
6. 2008 Global Financial Crisis- Learning from the example of the 2008 global financial crisis, in what ways can we do our part in the economic defence of Singapore?
7. The Opening of Singapore Changi Airport- How is the continued development of Changi Airport a strategy for economic defence?
8. Haze Hits Singapore- As demonstrated during the haze situation, what does it mean to be socially responsible?